What is Journey Dance?
A combination of movement and meditation that will lead you on a ritual journey of physical and emotional transformation. Through breath, sweat and expression; you gain an experience of yourself as pure powerful energy. We dance without mirrors to release judgment of ourselves and others. Journey Dance is not about learning steps, it is about revealing and rediscovering your natural, intuitive movement. We activate imagination using diverse forms of freestyle improvisational dance, yoga and rituals. Using playlists full of inspiring world music, we create a barefoot ecstatic celebration of the human spirit!
- We embody through grounding movement, feeling the total surface area of our physical bodies in contact with the earth.
- We experience sensual awakening as we unleash animal energies and expand our awareness.
- We enliven our funky, playful self and connect with other movers in our community.
- We explore our inner realms to express ourselves, dive into our ocean of emotion, and tell our story to the dance floor.
- We empower ourselves and each other to liberate old cellular memories and cleanse the body and mind with sweat and breath.
- We elevate our vibration and embody our hearts.
Our days move so fast – it is often difficult to give ourselves the attention we deserve. JourneyDance™ provides a sense of community and strength; gets us out of our head and naturally helps us let go of a bad day, stressful work week, relationship troubles, etc. It gives us the freedom to express ourselves quietly but diligently, which alone, is a key motivator of healing.
Each of us will find our own comfortable pace and rhythm. Led by JourneyDance™ instructor, Rachel Frank, you are gently guided to connect to your inner goddess, warrior, and hero. Rachel’s role reminds us to LOVE OURSELVES, get funky, feel sexy and free! You will leave feeling emotionally cleansed, alive, beautiful and strong. JourneyDance™ is a transformational experience that does not require any previous movement or dance experience.
For a closer look at JourneyDance™ and how it can better you, click here for a short video.